Education PortalA Comprehensive Online Education Portal catering to Students, Teachers and Administrators
For a Leading Online Educator, USA
- The client is a leading online educator in the United States with programs benefitting students, teachers, and academia across several states.
- The client has a passion for education and believes in bringing out a positive future and a pathway for success for millions of learners across United States.
- To date, more than 10 million students worldwide have participated in the specialized career-driven courseware and education intervention initiatives.
Business Challenges & Needs
- End client was facing various issues due to technological incompatibilities; It was not happy with the performance of legacy systems that it had.
- There were several versions of products catering to the same need for various clients. Being different products called for duplicated efforts and difficulties in managing development.
- Overall product development and schema needed continuous monitoring & managing; involvement of new activities & data structures were required to be added.
- Cognisun team reverse engineered the legacy system; carried out in depth exercise of analyzing the client requirements, shortcomings of the legacy system and conducted JAD sessions with business stakeholders to understand their wish list.
- Corrected the data modeling schema and migrated the legacy system data into newly redefined database schema.
- Developed comprehensive and versatile web application to unify the education portals offering the similar functionalities for easier maintenance and support work.
.NET MVC 4
Highlights & Benefits
- Designed a flexible, effective and scalable database schema for ease of future maintenance and enhancements
- Unified portal that interfaces seamlessly with various component applications from third-party vendors.
- Effective course management due to combining various applications into one common customizable application.
- Ease of maintenance and future enhancement.
- Cost saving due to reduced dependencies on the third party vendors.