THCA Full Scale E-Commerce Portal built on Magento Framework
For a Leading Pharmacy, UK
- The client is a leading pharmaceutical company. It is some of the respected names across industry verticals, globally.
- The client manufacturers, distributes and sell the pharmaceutical and cosmetic products across several countries globally.
- The client utilizes channels like eBay, Amazon and their own E-Commerce Portal for selling their products and services.
- Client was looking to build a comprehensive e-commerce portal site for selling pharmaceutical drugs and online doctor services coupled with a full-fledged blogging site.
Business Challenges & Needs
- End client was facing maintenance and scalability issues, customer service glitches, and was not happy with the performance of legacy system.
- In the legacy system, it was not possible to update the stock and pricing data for the products dynamically.
- The legacy system posed difficulties in content management, product category and image related updates.
- As legacy system was not built on an E-Commerce framework the further enhancements were tedious and time consuming.
- Cognisun team analyzed the legacy system; conducted JAD sessions with business stakeholders to understand the short comings and wish list.
- Designed data modeling schema using Magento based MySQL Database and migrated the legacy system data for products, categories, customers into newly redefined database schema.
- Developed an E-Commerce portal from scratch based on Magento framework with extensive customization using PHP and JQuery. This Portal is easily extensible, scalable and maintainable.
- Added a comprehensive pharmacy blog site.
Highlights & Benefits
- Intuitive, responsive and user friendly interface compatible across various browsers, devices and screen resolutions.
- Leveraged Magento E-Commerce framework coupled with PHP/MySQL customization to present a flexible, effective and scalable solution. It supports easy future maintenance and enhancements.
- Scheduled Cron jobs running round the clocks for continuously synchronizing the price/stock data and downloading the channel orders into order management system.
- Full fledge pharmacy blogging site using Word Press tool.
- Improved customer gratification and increased sale.
- Easy access to customer and product specifics analytics.
- Cost saving due to reduced dependencies on the third party vendors.