Integrated SystemInjured Worker Case Management, Request Processing, and Reporting System
For the Department of Financial Services, Division of Workers’ Compensation, Florida
- Division of Workers’ Compensation is part of the Florida Department of Financial Services.
- The division provides education and information to all the stakeholders about their rights and responsibilities.
- Responsible to create unparalleled real-time workers’ compensation information environment and measure the health of the workers’ compensation system.
- Our client is also responsible to receive requests, petitions or grievances from various stakeholders and addresses them.
- Our client ensures that injured workers’ get the disability claims or medical payment that they are entitled to within the time limits set by Florida Workers’ Compensation laws.
Business Challenges & Needs
- Client required product maintenance and enhancements to address the changing legislative and administrative requirements
- Required to implement application security at both form and field level.
- The legacy application was an n tier Client Server application developed in PowerBuilder. The client required the application to be converted into a web application using .NET technologies while retaining all the existing functionalities.
- Additional requirements of a plethora of operational and executive reports to address new business needs Client required several automated batch jobs to carry out routine business operations
- A multi-tiered web application with intuitive user interface developed using .NET technologies in conjunction with Dev Express tool.
- Use of DB2 and SQL Server databases in the back end.
- Comprehensive and versatile reports running in SQL Server Reporting System (SSRS) environment
- Leveraged SMTP email messaging to send communications to injured employees, agency task force, and other stake holders.
- Extensive use of data batch jobs and data warehousing to ensure optimal performance in transaction processing and reporting
Highlights & Benefits
- Improved security, data reliability, and user experience.
- Wide scale integration with a bevy of existing software systems at the division
- Help the division achieve substantial cost saving due to streamlined business operations eliminating duplication of efforts.
- Replacing the paper mails with e-mails resulted in significant cost saving with increased efficiency.
- Increased user satisfaction due to faster system performance and intuitive interface