Health Care Provider CertificationOnline Tutorial and Certification Web Application for Health Care Provider and Facility
For the Department of Financial Services, Division of Workers’ Compensation, Florida.
- Division of Workers’ Compensation is part of the Florida Department of Financial Services.
- The division provides education and information to all the stakeholders about their rights and responsibilities.
- Responsible to create unparalleled real-time workers’ compensation information environment and measure the health of the workers’ compensation system.
- Our client is also responsible to receive requests, petitions or grievances from various stakeholders and addresses them.
- Our client ensures that injured workers’ get the disability claims or medical payment that they are entitled to within the time limits set by Florida Workers’ Compensation laws.
Business Challenges & Needs
- Client required to cut down costs and time required to handle the Health Care Provider certification process.
- Business process transformation for the paperless management system. The new system facilitated online provider registration, maintenance, and certification thereby minimizing the paper processing.
- Stringent security policy implementation to prevent any unlawful and unauthorized access to the provider information.
- The dynamically changing legislative and administrative regulations and procedures necessitated several application enhancements.
- Migration from Power Builder-based desktop system to the .NET web application with extensive use of AJAX.
- Use of SQL Server and DB2 database in the back end.
- Intuitive, high performance, and optimized user interface
- Implementation of group-based application security for data isolation and compartmentalization
Highlights & Benefits
- One stop portal for provider registration, tutorials, and certification.
- Supports easy maintenance, scalability, and extensibility.
- Eliminated the need to enter provider data by the division employees as they are now entered through web application by providers.
- This also leads to higher accuracy of data.
- Help division in streamlining business operations by cutting down the duplication of efforts, disjointed, and inefficient processes.
- Resulted in significant cost saving and improved satisfaction by the providers and division employees.