Automated Rehabilitation & Medical Information SystemA Medical Information System that provides case maintenance, tracking, and reporting
For the Department of Financial Services, Division of Workers’ Compensation, Florida.
- Division of Workers’ Compensation is part of the Florida Department of Financial Services.
- The division provides education and information to all the stakeholders about their rights and responsibilities.
- Responsible to create unparalleled real-time workers’ compensation information environment and measure the health of the workers’ compensation system.
- Our client is also responsible to receive requests, petitions or grievances from various stakeholders and addresses them.
- Our client ensures that injured workers’ get the disability claims or medical payment that they are entitled to within the time limits set by Florida Workers’ Compensation laws.
Business Challenges & Needs
- Client was not receiving the required product support and enhancements services before Cognisun took over the project. The application required wide scale enhancements to meet the changing legislative, administrative, and operational procedures
- Application required to interface with a few external applications to retrieve the business information.
- Additional requirements of a plethora of operational and executive reports to address new business needs
- Client required several automated batch jobs to carry out routine business operations
- A multi-tiered desktop application with content-rich and user-friendly interface.
- Front end developed using Power Builder 11.5 with use of DB2 and SQL Server in the back end.
- The application included a comprehensive reporting module developed using .NET technologies and Active Reports 6.0.
- Use of One Click custom deployment tool to ensure that the client gets the most recent version of the application automatically.
- Use of dashboard screens for various user groups that served as task queues and action items
Highlights & Benefits
- Improved user experience due to content-rich user interface aided by comprehensive reports
- Scalable, extensible and customizable solution to meet the legislative, administrative and operational changes
- Improved productivity and efficiency led to higher satisfaction by various stakeholders
- Real-time access to the information from various sources enabled the division to serve their clients most effectively and efficiently
- Significant cost saving due to the elimination of duplicate data processing, and streamlining of business operations